Forget trying to predict the weather and think about great wine! This weekend is “Sip Into Summer” celebrations at wineries in our region and this year’s theme is “Sizzlin’ BBQ Sippers”. While 2 days might not be enough to visit them all, you can pick a few to visit discover what each one is offering as part of this annual event.
- Colchester Ridge Estate Winery will be featuring Sailor’s Delight Sangria made from 2007 Red Sky at Night, as well as a Strawberry Ice Margarita made with 2008 Gewurztraminer Ice Wine! Thai Palace will be on site serving delicious food to pair with your tastings! The retail store will feature a two-bottle gift box which includes their 2007 Merlot/Cabernet Sauvignon and 2009 Sauvignon Blanc for $30/set. Adjusted hours of 1pm to 4pm on Sunday.
- D’Angelo Vineyards Estate Winery will offer picnic inspired food and wine pairings. Enjoy a variety of fresh deli meats, cheeses, antipasto, artisan bread & paninis prepapred by Amherstburg’s famous Romano’s. Enter a draw for your chance to win a basket featuring D’Angelo wines, perfect for your next picnic. Cost is $5.00/pp. Organizers are also accepting donations for the “Jumpstart Student Nutrition Program of Windsor/Essex”.
- Mastronardi Estate Winery will be offering Spicy Portuguese BBQ Pulled Pork on freshly baked Ciabatta bread for $5. Sangria is available by the pitcher. Wine and Sangria also by the glass. Live entertainment by Trish Wales. Their Sangria is now in bottle and can be purchased in the retail store! Complimentary wine tastings will be offered in our wine boutique. Participating on Saturday only.
- Muscedere Vineyards will celebrate the official launch of their 2010 white wines & debut their outdoor wood-burning oven. Chef Paul Sauve (from the soon to open Take Five Steak & Bistro) will be preparing artisan pizzas, mini sliders & Italian sausage for you to enjoy on the patio or under the gazebo.
- Pelee Island Winery will showcase “Fine Art Fine Wine” with artisans and wine sampling, free tours, live entertainment and a BBQ (proceeds go to charity).
- Sanson Estate Winery will have the BBQ on so you can try some all-natural meat products and organizers have planned a delicious array of in-store samples of local food and wine. In-store deals (like amazing wine specials!) will be the feature.
“Sip Into Summer” is hosted by participating Southwestern Ontarion Vintners Association members but non-members will also be open at the same time and will be offering their “take” on the event.
When: Saturday, May 28 & Sunday, May 29 (12pm to 5pm)
Cost: Varies by winery