August 15th, 2008
There are loads of local food-related events happening this weekend. What’s a locavore to do?
I’ll have to drop in on as many as possible. What about you?
- Leamington Tomato Festival – Aug 15 to 17
- Marketown is Open! Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 6pm at Windsor Crossing Outlet Mall. Enjoy crafts, jewelery, natural products and organic produce. Every weekend until November 2nd!
- BBQ at Olde Riverside Schwab’s – Aug 15 to 16 – 11am to 2pm; Ontario meats and Valerie’s BBQ sauce (made right here!).
- Garden Bike Tour & Summer Harvest Party – Aug 16 – 4pm to ?; Join FedUp! as they tour area gardens & end with a big party.
- Wine Trail Ride – Aug 16 – noon to ?; visit 3 wineries and enjoy a BBQ after your leisurely ride; tickets at WindsorEats.com
- D’Angelo Estate Winery Open House – Aug 16 – noon to 4pm
- “Food Matters” Movie Screening – Aug 17 – 6pm to 11pm; Enjoy a movie and discussions at Gourmet Emporium.
You can see all of the events and website links on the MyLocalFood calendar.