This weekend is packed with local food events.
Check out Taste Bud Food’s start of their Taste Bud Dinner Series.
This is a series of dinners that take place in unique settings throughout Essex County. All dinners feature local food and wine as well as a memorable experience with our local producers.
Sunset in the Vines$55 per person
Hors d’Oeuvres and Cocktails at 6pm
Dinner at 7pm
Saturday, August 29th
for the full menu or call 519-253-3665. You can get your tickets from Taste Bud in Walkerville (Wyandotte at Chilver).
For more events this weekend check out my calendar. Here are just a few of the events coming this weekend:
- Tecumseh Corn Festival
- Downtown Windsor Farmers Market
- Sangria at Mastronardi Estate Winery
- August Stargazing at Pelee Island Winery
- Bit of Culture in Viticulture at Aleksander Estate Winery
- Take a Walk on the Wild Side at Aleksander Estate Winery
Whatever you do this weekend, enjoy yourself and enjoy the great food that is being harvested right now!
D'Angelo Winery, Taste Bud Food
Along with the great weather that we are expecting, there are a lot of events going on this Friday and Saturday that are sure to make your weekend spectacular. Pack up your family and friends and plan a fun day out!
- Glide Through Winter @ Sprucewood Shores Winery (Harrow): 12-5 on Saturday only; wine, ice skating
- Festival of Ice @ Colio Winery (Harrow): 11-4 on Saturday and Sunday; ice carvers, cheese, chocolate, bake sale, wine; please bring a canned good for entry (from me: think of everything you have and everything you are getting for free and please consider bringing a case of canned goods!)
- Icewine Festival @ Pelee Winery (Kingsville): 11-5 on Saturday and Sunday; chocolate, cheese, wine
- Icewine & Sweet Deals @ Sanson Estate Winery (McGregor): 11-5 on Saturday and Sunday; samples, sweet wine deals, meal ideas, recipe contest
- Fire on Ice @ Aleksander Winery (Ruthven): 1-5 on Sunday only; bonfire, fruit flambe, wine, Valentine’s baskets
Remember, all of our wineries are family-friendly and you should dress warmly for watching some of the events that will take place outside.
I only list local food-related events though, so if you want to know everything that is going on, you need to go to a full-service calendar like the one at WindsorEats.com. Not only will you see that there is something to do every day, many of these events are free or low-cost. Welcome to our great region!
Aleksander Estate Winery, Colio Estate Wines, D'Angelo Winery, Pelee Island Winery, Sanson Estate Winery, Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery, Windsor Eats, icewine